NCQA Recognition Consulting For Primary care Practices
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designed its recognition process for the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) to help practices define the standards for PCMH structure and articulate the necessary change processes. Many practices and organizations choose to evolve into PCMHs to capitalize on opportunities for compensation, as several private payers and state Medicaid programs recognize and reward medical homes through care coordination fees, increased payment for evaluation and management services, or quality and outcome bonuses. Process changes must take place for workflow and increased efficiency, but culture change also is pivotal, including:
- A transition from physician-oriented focus to a patient-centric focus
- Activating patients’ engagement with their health and wellness
- Establishing the primary care provider as a first point of contact for care
Adoption of this model requires visionary leadership, communication with and education of the staff, management of the practice’s entire patient population and, most importantly, the ability to manage change as a team. Our NCQA-PCMH Certified Content Experts guide this transformation, regardless of a practice’s starting point. HealthTeamWorks is uniquely qualified to offer a specially designed learning series for practices and organizations interested in pursuing NCQA recognition.
The PCMH Recognition Learning Program includes:
- A full application review gap analysis to build the groundwork for the application and PCMH practice transformation. This analysis creates the foundational understanding of what it takes to transform to the model of patient-centered care.
- NCQA webinar series, consisting of webinars delivered over a nine- to eighteen-week period of time. Our webinars provide in-depth descriptions of the requirements for NCQA recognition and a review of documentation examples, as well as how the recognition process provides the practice opportunity for developing systems structures and processes to promote transformation to the patient-centered model of care.
- Phone consultations for participants
- Note: As an additional benefit and for a separate fee, HealthTeamWorks will make consultation time available from a NCQA-PCMH Certified Content Expert to review your practice application and all supporting documentation prior to submission to NCQA.
How our health team works with yours
HealthTeamWorks workplace development trainings and workshops started in 2010, evolving into a nationally recognized program. What makes our training unique and successful is that we provide attendees the opportunity to learn from, shadow and network with our experienced trainers. With access best practice tools and resources, participants have a road map to reference and a peer learning community to ask questions as they return to their practices and organizations to apply their new learnings. Graduates report that our programs increase their confidence to support practices on their transformation journey and their supervisors have noted the cost and time value of attendance.
Join us in changing the healthcare delivery system one provider at a time, contact us to learn more about our different offerings, including custom trainings for your health team.